Circulating books may be borrowed by faculty, staff, graduate and undergraduate students. Alumni are also granted special borrower privileges.
- Faculty and Staff may borrow circulating books and scores for the entire semester or summer session. Graduate students may borrow books and music scores for 28 days.
- Undergraduate students may borrow books and music scores for 14 days.
- Alumni may borrow books and music scores for 14 days.
- Reference materials do not circulate to students, faculty, or staff. They are for library use only.
- Anyone with a valid Belmont ID may check out up to 5 pop media items for 14 days. These titles may be renewed for one 7 day renewal period only.
- Materials in the Media Center have special sets of policies, see the Media Center for details.
Questions not answered by this page may be directed to Circulation at 615-460-6033. Library Hours can be found on the hours page. Circulation services end at 11pm Sunday - Thursday.
Overdue materials do accrue fines and fees.
The overdue fine for each book or music score is ten cents per day. The first 24 hour period is a grace period.
Lost Item Replacement Fee: When an item is declared lost by the library, the responsible borrower pays the replacement cost for the item + a processing fee.
Current students and alumni are responsible for paying all above fines and fees in a timely manner, usually no longer than 30 days after notification, by cash or check to the main circulation desk.
Failure to resolve library fines or fees that exceed $5.00 will result in a library hold and suspension of circulation privileges. Library holds limit students' ability to register for classes or graduate.
Faculty and Staff are exempt from paying overdue fines, but are responsible for lost item replacement and processing fees.
For fines and fees for media materials, such as DVDs or CDs, please visit the Media Center.
If overdue items are returned in a timely, reasonable manner, lost item replacement and processing fees may be waived leaving only late fines on the account. This will probably not be possible after items have been lost approximately six months.