Library Use Policy
The Library's circulating and reference collections are open for use by all Belmont-affiliated persons and by the general public during all service hours. Loan of materials from the general collections is restricted to people with proper identification as defined in the section on borrowing information. Extension of all access and use privileges depends on patrons' compliance with all library policies and procedures.
- Individuals should be prepared to show, or leave on deposit at the Circulation Desk, proper identification when requested.
- All persons, when requested, must be prepared to allow the inspection of any briefcases, knapsacks, or other items large enough to contain library materials.
- Belmont students, faculty and staff have priority in the use of library resources. Bunch Library computers may be used for scholarly and research purposes only.
- Children under 16 must be under the supervision of an adult.
- Smoking and tobacco products are not allowed.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed at any computer workstations.
- Drinks are allowed only in sealable containers.
- Only service animals will be allowed into the building.
- Users must comply with Library Borrowing Policies .
- All users are expected to maintain a quiet atmosphere at all times in the library.
- All users are expected to leave promptly at closing times.
- The Library provides access to the Internet and all electronic databases for educational use or scholarly research (according to guidelines in the Belmont Internet Use Policy). For-profit use of these resources is prohibited. For assistance with research, inquire at the Research Services Desk.
- Bunch Library reserves the right to refuse service to users who abuse Library policies, services, or staff.