Media Circulation Policies
Media from the Media Center may be used in house by any member of the Belmont Community, as well as alumni and local users with a professional interest (i.e., church musicians, teachers, symphony musicians, etc.) in accessing the collection. Media, at the current time, includes the following formats:
- VHS Video Tapes
- Cassette Tapes
- CD ROMs
- Laser Discs
In addition to in-house use for all, loan periods are as follows:
- Faculty and Staff may check out media for four weeks.
- Graduate Students may borrow CDs, DVDs, and CD-Roms for two weeks. Records and VHS tapes may be used in the Media Center only.
- Undergraduate Students may borrow media for one week. Records and VHS tapes may be used in the Media Center only.
- Alumni may use media in the Media Center only.
Media Fines & Fees
- Graduate Students: $1.00 per day, with no grace period. After 90 days, fees for replacement and processing will be added . The maximum fine is $25, not including replacment or processing fees.
- Undergraduate Students: $1.00 per day, with no grace period. After 90 days, fees for replacement and processing will be added . The maximum fine is $25, not including replacment or processing fees.
- Faculty and Staff: No fines will be assessed for faculty and staff. However, after 90 days, fees for replacement and processing will be assessed.
- Alumni and Guests: 50¢ per hour, with a one hour grace period, since the items circulate in-house use only. Longer check out times for multiple items will be modified on an ad hoc basis. If items are more than one day overdue, fees for replacement and processing will be added
In generating overdues, the library's system assesses a default value for each type of material, which does not necessarily reflect its replacement price. For example, if a single unit (CD, DVD, etc) from a larger set is lost, the patron is responsible for the replacement cost of the entire set, unless he/she is successful in obtaining an exact match for the lost item. This must be agreed upon by the borrower and the librarian.
If accompanying booklets are lost, they are billed the full cost of replacement for the main item, even if the item is returned. Publishers generally will not supply this material separately.
A library hold and suspension of circulation privileges may be placed on the accounts of users with unpaid fines and fees.
Non Belmont Borrowing Privileges
Members of the following professions may be considered for a limited borrower card, allowing checkout privileges similar to faculty/staff.
- Persons involved in area church work, such as musicians, ministers, etc
- Persons involved in directing civic and professional music groups, dance companies, etc.
- Metro teachers
- Faculty from local colleges